- About the Event
- Detailed botanical studies of flowers, fruit and vegetables and dog portraits in watercolour and coloured pencil. Mounted and framed prints and cards from original paintings for sale. Susie has exhibited at Killerton House in Devon and during Somerset Art Weeks.
- Event Type
- 01823 662856
- Opening Times
Date Opening Times Sat 7 Closed Sun 8 10:30 - 17:30 Mon 9 10:30 - 16:00 Tue 10 10:30 - 17:30 Wed 11 10:30 - 17:30 Thu 12 10:30 - 17:30 Fri 13 10:30 - 17:30 Sat 14 10:30 - 17:30 Sun 15 10:30 - 17:30
- Long Description
My artwork has evolved over the years into a concentration on botanical art as I like to work from real life subjects and have a passion for growing all plants, but it is particularly the fruit and vegetables that inspire me.
I try to capture the realism of the subject whilst creating a very definite image and enjoy working in both media of watercolour or coloured pencil on hot pressed paper to ensure that the detail is reproduced in the finished work.
I have recently completed a series of Border Collie portraits in coloured pencil, and I am continuing to develop working in this genre with coloured and pastel pencils.
Having retired from a lifetime as an accountant I am now able to concentrate on my painting and alongside that, providing a relatively self-sufficient lifestyle in the kitchen garden.
- Waterrow Church and Community Hall
- Disabled Access with Assistance
- Toilets with Disabled Facilities
- Dogs Allowed
- Light lunches, cream teas, cakes and refreshments.
- Directions (By Car)
- From Wiveliscombe follow B3227 in direction of Bampton. At Rock Inn turn right - Village Hall is on left after 200 mtrs.
- On road outside.