Penny Price Jewellery
- Open Studio/Workshop/Gallery
- About the Event
- Contemporary jewellery handmade in Milverton. My work features silver, brass, copper, brick and slate. There will be a large selection of earrings. My signature bangles, pendants and chains, together with new designs. I shall be at my workbench throughout.
- Event Type
- 01823 400332
- Opening Times
Date Opening Times Sat 7 Closed Sun 8 Closed Mon 9 Closed Tue 10 11:00 - 18:00 Wed 11 11:00 - 18:00 Thu 12 11:00 - 18:00 Fri 13 11:00 - 18:00 Sat 14 11:00 - 18:00 Sun 15 11:00 - 18:00
- Long Description
Wearable sculptural jewellery and small-scale silver sculptures. I have been designing and making jewellery for over forty years, the last twelve in my Milverton workshop.
My work consists of strong sculptural forms constructed mainly in silver but sometimes including other materials. I occasionally add details in gold, brass, copper, brick, slate or enamel, even paint when the design needs some emphasis. Generally decorative details are sparse and in the form of texture and/or oxidisation. Most of my work is constructed from sheet or wire using traditional jewellery making techniques but I also carve wax and clay models which I then cast using recycled silver.
During the festival I shall be exhibiting a range of signature bangles together with necklaces, chains, pendants and earrings, all for sale.
Some pieces are unique one-offs and some are exhibition items. I shall also have a large range of animal pendants available, some at special prices.
- Westbere House
- Limited Disabled Access
- Directions (By Car)
- Venue is directly opposite small public car park half way between the Globe Inn and the Village stores.
- Public car park opposite.
- Further Info
- Public convenience opposite. Workshop environment with machinery and tools. Not suitable for young children.