- "We Are"
- About the Event
- Sylvie has attended regular life drawing workshops and has created an array of statues in clay from models as well as her imagination. These clay sketches and their drawings are the building blocks for larger work to come.
- Event Type
- Ceramics/Glass, Mixed Media, Sculpture/Carving
- 01984 248478
- Opening Times
Date Opening Times Sat 7 Closed Sun 8 11:00 - 18:00 Mon 9 11:00 - 18:00 Tue 10 Closed Wed 11 Closed Thu 12 Closed Fri 13 Closed Sat 14 11:00 - 18:00 Sun 15 11:00 - 18:00
- Long Description
Art is universal and a very personal shared experience. In my mid thirties I studied General Art and Design (Distinction) and Spatial design in Ipswich, Suffolk. This was a follow-on from a decade of screen-printing at our studio in Lynton, North Devon. I wanted to learn to draw, make my own pictures, share my dreams and my take on life. Life thought otherwise and Art became distant.
Many years passed and the desire to explore colour, form and shape caught up with me. I joined a few drawing sessions at a friend's house in Honiton and went on to attending regular life drawing workshops at Megan Players Art Studio, Cove, where I sketched in clay. I started to create glazed and fired statues under the guidance of Jo Dove, Ceramicist, in Wiveliscombe.
The Artwork on display at 1 The Mews, shows the evolution of my work over the last three years with pieces such as "The Ladies of Cove, " Bea", the " Incomplete Self", "The Wait", "Mother" and many more."
- 1 The Mews
- Disabled Access with Assistance
- No Toilets
- Dogs Allowed
- Directions (By Car)
- FromThe Square in Wiveliscombe turn right by Webber's office into Silver Street. Continue pass the Silver Street Centre on your left and down into Golden Hill. No 1 The Mews is on the right hand side near the top of the hill.
- None. Please use the Town car parks.