- About the Event
- Open studio/exhibition of new evocative landscape paintings. Tess continues to search for remote and wild open spaces, working with an intuitive approach to capture drama and expanse of these beautiful places.
- Event Type
- Open Studio
- 01823 667666
- Opening Times
Date Opening Times Sat 7 Closed Sun 8 11:00 - 18:00 Mon 9 11:00 - 18:00 Tue 10 11:00 - 18:00 Wed 11 11:00 - 18:00 Thu 12 11:00 - 18:00 Fri 13 11:00 - 18:00 Sat 14 11:00 - 18:00 Sun 15 11:00 - 18:00
- Long Description
Having lived on the edge of Exmoor for much of my life, I have an innate connection with wild and untouched places. I work with an intuitive approach, exploring the paint with the use of a palette knife, scraping, splattering and scratching to create impressionistic landscapes. I am fascinated by the division between abstraction and realism and it is this elusive place that I strive for in my work. Each painting is an experiment with gestural marks and colour themes, that evolves, I hope, into an evocative image. My aim is to reach beyond visual representation and capture the spirit of a place, so that the viewer may engage with the work and just for a moment be taken there.
- The Studio, Lower Brown Farm
- Huish Champflower
- Disabled Access with Assistance
- Toilets Available
- Dogs Allowed
- Tea, coffee and homemade cake.
- Directions (By Car)
- Turn left in Huish Champflower. Follow the road past Winter's Cross. Fork right down Brown Lane. First farm on left.
- On site.