- Yoga Workshop - The Joy of Movement
- About the Event
- Physical exercises may seem laborious, but shifting our mental focus to the beauty of movement can transform the way we feel. Work with body and mind to create naturally flowing movements that are joyful, effortless and regenerating.
- Event Type
- 01823 400122
- Booking Contact
- Karen Patterson01823 400122
- Booking Info
- £25 - Booking essential
- Age Info
- 15-75 No previous yoga experience is necessary.
- Opening Times
Date Opening Times Sat 7 Closed Sun 8 Closed Mon 9 Closed Tue 10 Closed Wed 11 Closed Thu 12 Closed Fri 13 Closed Sat 14 Closed Sun 15 10:00 - 13:00
- Further Info
- Mid-morning refreshments provided for the Yoga Workshop.
- Long Description
Come and work with body and mind to create naturally flowing movements that are joyful, effortless and regenerating. Physical exercises may sometimes seem laborious, but the thoughts we think while doing the exercises can have a huge effect. On this workshop we will look at some of the beautiful, flowing forms that occur in nature, and picture these forms as we practice a variety of yoga movements.
This kind of practice affects us on many different levels. The combination of mental picturing and physical movement helps busy minds to calm down, and with this a more sensitive feeling for the harmony of the natural forms can open up. The movements become joyful, and with the joy comes energy. The exercises start to happen more naturally, easily and gracefully, and we find that we can stretch further than before.
This increased stretching and movement has very health-giving effects on the body. The muscles are strengthened and stretched, the breathing and circulation improve and all the tissues and organs are supplied with more oxygen and nutrients. By the end of the morning you will feel mentally calmer, more energised and alive, and physically stretched and strengthened.
This workshop is suitable for those new to yoga as well as for experienced practitioners. It will run from 10 am to 1 pm and will consist of yoga practice interspersed with explanations. There will be a break for refreshments half way through.
There is a maximum of12 participants so booking is essential.
- Extons Barn
- No Disabled Access
- Toilets Available
- No Dogs
- Afternoon tea on Sunday 15th only 2.00-5.00 pm
- Directions (By Car)
- B3227 to Milverton roundabout. Up steep hill signed Fitzhead. Left at top. After 200 metres track on right "Extons Barn".
- On site parking.